FIE (Feuerstein Instrumental Enrichment) Program Canada
“The Feuerstein Method aims to help ‘EVERYONE’ and improve how they learn.”
Dr. Reuven Feuerstein
Dr. Reuven Feuerstein (b. 1929, Romania) was an Israeli clinical, development and cognitive psychologist. He is known for his theory of intelligence that states, “Intelligence is not ‘fixed’, but rather modifiable”.
In the current technologically advanced world, children have access to a wide range of information. With the dependency built on gadgets and the utilization of readily available help, the inherent inner intellectual potential is sometimes lost. To address this gap, Dr. Feuerstein developed an educational system called the Feuerstein’s Instrumental Enrichment (FIE) program.
Contact Us to learn more:
“The Feuerstein Method aims to help ‘Everyone’ and improve how they learn.”
Galaxy Toppers Educational Center
85 Ellesmere Road, Toronto, ON M1R 4B9
Parkway Mall (2nd Floor) Unit # 205
The Instrumental Enrichment program consists of a series of non-curricular tasks. Each of these tasks is designed to strengthen learning skills, by various cognitive exercises. There are two sets of Instrumental Enrichment programs:
- The IE Basic program for young children and low-functioning individuals
- The IE Standard program, which is used with older children, high-school students, and adult learners of all ages.
We also offer Training to deliver FIE program that helps to:
- Identify and assess the concerning areas and cognitive skills that are slowing down their students
- Motivate and strengthen specific ways of thinking in students and to build new thinking habits and solve problems
- Enhance metacognition in students as they attempt higher complexity problems
- Develop motivation to learn in your students
- Aid the transfer of important learning skills to other curriculum areas
- Improve a student ability to score higher in standardized achievement tests
- Spontaneously infuse ‘thinking’ language into their conversations with your students
- Identify learning difficulties or areas of assistance required in a child’s learning process
- Entrust children with responsibility for a collaborative approach and to find solutions to problems instead of supplying a solution
- Enhance the cognitive abilities among children and adults with Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Learning disability/difficulty, ADHD, Autism and specific learning disorders